Getting Ready for Opportunities in Work
This one-week program is available to secondary school students aged 14-22 who are under an IEP or 504 plan. Contact Brittanie Burdette, Transition Supervisor for Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency District 6, via email or call 706-650-5600 for more information or to sign up.
Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA must receive an authorization from GVRA for each student prior to starting the session.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided each day. This program is held in the Snelling Conference Center at 3165 Washington Road in Augusta, Georgia.
July 11-15, 2022 Schedule
Monday – Self-Advocacy
- On the job accommodations
- Responsibility for online and social media activity
Tuesday – Work Readiness Training
- Job seeking skills (résumés and applications)
- Work behaviors
Wednesday – Job Exploration
- Local labor market information
- Panel of local employers
Thursday – Work-based Learning
- Virtual/in-person tours
- Presentations by employers
Friday – Counseling
- Post-secondary enrollment
- TCSG/USG FAFSA and types of aid